Candidate Name: Frances Hsieh

I am running for Democratic County Central Committee because I believe the party has lost focus on some of it’s more important functions – educating voters; maximizing voter registration, education, and turnout; and supporting candidates and measures that uphold our Democratic values. As a native San Franciscan and life long democrat, I’m committed to strengthening and reforming our party and expanding outreach among our communities of color and throughout San Francisco.

I have 20 years of electoral and political campaign experience supporting democratic candidates and issues, from field work on local ballot initiatives to strategic direction for candidates for local and state office. For the past 7 years I have been a Legislative Aide for Supervisor John Avalos, working on issues of affordability and being a voice for underrepresented and marginalized communities. Previously, I was the Deputy Director of Public Affairs for NARAL Pro-Choice California, educating voters and advocating on behalf of pro-choice legislation and candidates.

If elected, I am committed to working proactively with our clubs on education and registration events in every neighborhood and district, bringing the resources of the party to the clubs and to our neighborhoods. I believe we need to do much more proactive work in all of our communities of color, particularly those in the southern half of our city. I hope to have your support and endorsement.