Candidate Name: Gladys Soto

I have what it takes to be a unifying force for the DCCC. For 20 years, I have been working in several nonprofits organizations serving low income community members. I am a product of public education, I attended San Francisco City College and graduated from SFSU, earning a Masters' in Counseling. For over a decade, I have been involved in politics. I have phone banked, precinct walked, merchant walked, attended numerous rallies, protests, registered new voters, gathered signatures, run for the SF School Board in 2012, and won two assembly delegates races. Also I have been a board member of several non profits and Democratic Clubs. I am the SF Latino Democratic Club Representative to the California Democratic Party Chicano Latino Caucus. A position I earned for being the top caller for a Democratic Latino Mayoral candidate in San Diego. I was appointed to the Library Citizens Advisory Committee and the SFUSD Bilingual Committee. I was part of a community effort to help with the petition for Prop I that collected 15,000 signatures in 20 days, and worked on the Prop I campaign as a Volunteer Coordinator. Currently, I am serving as one of the Senate Delegates representing Senator Mark Leno's District. I helped organize over 200 people to testify for Senator Mark Leno SB 364 bill in Sacramento to change the Ellis Act to help tenants. And of course, I am proudly the mother of Youth Commissioner Giovanna Soto, a Senior at Lowell, and William , a 5th grader at Rooftop. Senator Mark Leno, Assemblymember David Chiu, Supervisor Scott Wiener and the the Laborers International Union 261 are my four biggest endorsements.